Piedmont is a generous and friendly land in the North of Italy. You will find here quiet roads in green landscapes surrounded by imposing mountains or sweet hills, the signs of a centuries-old culture and, last but not least, great wines and a refined gastronomy.
Your day by day program
You have the possibility to make a short round trip in the centre; overnight in town.
In Venaria you will cycle inside the great regional park “La Mandria”, former game preserve of Savoia including their wonderful castle and the stables. Bussoleno is a delicious mountain village with its typical stone roofs and houses; cycling almost always downhills you can reach Susa where you find interesting roman ruins and at last you come to Avigliana. You could visit the two delightful lakes of Avigliana included in a natural park and the medieval centre of the village.
Today we cycle at the foot of the Western Alps, a short climb leads us to Trana, then the path continues up through some small villages up to Pinerolo, along the way we may stop to visit the Museum of Taste in Frossasco. Overnight in the delicious Pinerolo, where in the past there was one of the most famous schools of cavalry in Italy.
About 35 km
A very intensive day including Cavour with its “Rocca”, an alluvial hill 200 meters high -you can reach the top by foot- in the middle of the plain; the abbey of Staffarda, one of the most important religious residences in Piedmont; al last you come to Saluzzo, beautiful small town with its medieval centre placed on the top of a hill.
About 50 km
Left Saluzzo behind you, in short you come to Fossano with its interesting historical centre and then you begin the approaching - light uphills - to the hills of Langhe covered by vineyards giving some of the best Italian wines, like Barolo, Barbera, Dolcetto... In the late afternoon you reach Cherasco, a delightful small town.
About 66 km
In Racconigi you can visit the residence of the Savoia-Carignano dynasty; this castle is surrounded by a wonderful park; don’t miss the interesting historical centre of the village. You can also visit the Lipu oasis with its stork centre.
About 42 km
Cycling along the Po inside the river park, you come to Moncalieri with its castle, another Savoia residence. At last, always along the Po, you reach Turin, noble town with an important past. We recommend a short tour through the centre by night.
About 45 km
In the morning, after the breakfast, it's time for departure. The end of this trip.
Every saturday from March 12 to September 24 (minimum 2 people)
Other day from 4 people or more
- At your arrvial at the hotel in Turin.
- In the morning of the 8th day, after the breakfast in your hotel in Turin.
- Accommodation in 3-star & 4-star hotels in Bed and Breakfast
- 2 people minimum
- Easy; some dirt patches in fairly good conditions
- Baggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Single room supplement : 200€
- Half board supplement (6 dinners) : 155€
- Rental E-bike (+ 1 pannier bag) : 240€
- Rental bike (24-speed bike with free-wheel + 1 pannier bag & 1 tool kit) : 120€
- · Accommodation in 3 star & 4-star hotel
- · Bed & breakfast buffet
- · Luggage transport
- · Travel documents (route description, maps, tips for sightseeing,..)
- · Personal tour information upon arrival in Turin
- · Transfer from origin to starting point and return
- · Lunches & diners
- · Beverages
- · Tips
- · Personal extras
- · Everything not specified under “the rate includes”