The most beautiful Tuscan routes from Pisa to Florence in 6 days
6 days / 5 nights
Tuscany - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike
Without guide - Comfort - Luggage transfer - New for 2021 - Mobile app
Last updated: 13/01/2023
~896 $ [825 €] per pers.
How about exploring the most beautiful regions of western Tuscany? Cycling is the perfect way to discover the hills and villages of this splendid route. This flexible tour is fitting your level with varying distances and difficulties on a daily basis. Each stage also offers the option of an additional loop or allows you to better enjoy these carefully chosen places where you will find yourself.
You can choose an electric bike, a hybrid bike or a racing bike for this discovery route on the splendid Tuscan roads.
Your day by day program
A short transfer will take you to your hotel in the heart of Pisa. Take the opportunity to discover the Duomo and the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa. A beautiful pedestrian street also allows a pleasant stroll before discovering Tuscan cuisine.
If you arrive late today, ask us to spend one more night in Pisa to discover the Duomo and the famous Pisa Tower.
Night in 4-star hotel
Once the bikes are delivered in the morning, the choice is yours! The flattest route that takes you along the Sechio river or the Monte Serra which in addition to a nice challenge, will allow you to discover the Calci monastery. The roads are beautiful and the landscapes are different. The village squares are real invitations to have a coffee break or taste a homemade ice cream. Do not arrive too late to make the most of Lucca, one of the most beautiful small towns in all of Tuscany, nested in its fortified wall. A bike ride on the walls is highly recommended, as well as exploring the square of Anfiteatro or the many beautiful alleys of Lucca.
Short option: around 24km, + 58m, -44m.
Long option: about 45km, + 800m, -780m.
Night in a 4-star hotel in the fortified enclosure.
You are leaving today towards the eastern side, on the quietest roads. You will soon be leaving the residential era for a countryside full of greenery where olive groves and vineyards follow one another. The Tuscan residences are superb and all make you want to take a picture break. The opportunities to taste wines and olive oils abound on this route. The final objective of this stage is the pretty town of Montecatini Terme, known for its thermal baths. The funicular will also allow you to admire the city from above before testing one of the many typical restaurants.
About 32km. + 262m, -252m.
Night in a 4-star hotel in the center of the city.
Here we are: today, after a hearty breakfast, you are on your way to the birth village of the famous Leonardo da Vinci. A nice surprise awaits you on the course, however. Before hitting the countryside by bike, we recommend a stop at Giusti Cave. The place is magic and if the external thermal baths are accessible all year round without reservation, the cave with therapeutic benefits must be booked in advance, as well as massages. It’s an excellent lunch break anyway where you can also enjoy these warm waters that can only make you feel good.
The road then continues among superb landscapes as seen on postcards. For those who wish, an optional climb is proposed to reach a pretty castle at the top of its hill.
Short option: around 31km. + 278m, -237m.
Option with castle extension: approximately 36km. + 463m, -422m.
Night in agritourism in a vineyard in Vinci.
You can enjoy your accommodation or visit the village and the museum of Leonardo da Vinci. A nice bike loop is also possible. The historic center of Vinci is very pretty and has kept its authenticity. You will then take the train to Florence to arrive directly in the center. Getting into town by bike is difficult and potentially dangerous, hence our choice to leave the bikes at Vinci.
Then you are free to enjoy the beauties of splendid Florence.
Night in a comfortable hotel in the city center.
End of your tour after breakfast. Please contact us if you wish to discover Florence in an other way, with a guide or only to spend one extra night or more.
Every day departures from the 1st of Mars to the 31st of October
- Meeting at your arrival at Pisa's airport or train station.
- Day 6 at your hotel in Florence
- In upscale hotels in the heart of cities and agritourism in a vineyard in Vinci
- From 2 persons
- Discovery tour accessible to all with more difficult options for those who wish.
- You just have to take with you your dayly belongings (picnic, camera, etc.).
- Rental of a Wilier GTR Team Carbon Ultegra racing bike with helmet, front bag and repatriation. : 189€
- Kalkhoff electric bike rental with helmet, front bag, rear bags and repatriation. : 185€
- Rental of a tandem with helmet, front bag, rear bags and repatriation. : 164€
- Rental of a hybrid bike with helmet, front bag, rear bags and repatriation. : 139€
- Single room extra cost : 290€
- High season extra cost, from 1st of Septemberto 10th of October and during events in Italy : 189€
- The nights in double rooms with breakfasts (4-star hotels and agritourism)
- The digital roadbook (with tracking of GPS tracks)
- Luggage transport
- Airport or train station transfer on day 1
- Local assistance 7 days a week
- Bike rental (see options)
- Transfers not provided for in the program
- Meals other than breakfasts
- The drinks
- Site visits
- Optional activities on the program
- Personal expenses
- The insurance