In the heart of the Dolomites on a road bike - with assistance
8 days / 7 nights
Dolomites - South Tyrol - Guided road cycling - Private groups - Join a group
With a guide - Comfort
Last updated: 11/03/2022
~1862 $ [1720 €] per pers.
Hop on your bike and enjoy this incredible cycling adventure at the heart of the Dolomites, a region which has become a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most fascinating and charming destinations in the entire world!
Your day by day program
Begin your Italian cycling adventure with a nice short stage. Start your journey from Trento and its Buonconsiglio castle, the cathedral St Vigilio and its medieval quarter.
Height gain: 2360m.
Max. altitude: 2027m.
Leave Cavalese for a nice stage and ride to the heart of the Dolimiti Bellunesi National Park. Then, travel through the protected forest of Paneveggio where Stradivari used to choose the trees with which to make his famous Stradivarius violins.
Height gain: 2340m.
Max. altitude: 1968m.
Today, you will cycle around the Marmolada tower, also known as the Queen of the Dolomites or the highest summit of the Dolomites, which culminates at 3342m. You will also climb the magnificent Passo San Pellegrino, which will offer you magnificent views over the Monte Pelmo.
Height gain: 2650m.
Max. altitude: 2080m.
The Sella Ronda is a classic sight: it is the tour of the Monte Sella.
Today, you will cross the Paso Sella, a road pass which culminates at 2240m. It was twice the Cima Coppi du Giro (the highest road pass in the Giro d'Italia).
Height gain: 1980m.
Max. altitude: 2067m.
A short and easy ride awaits you today. You will be able to visit Bolzano and Merano and to rest for a while before tomorrow’s mighty challenge.
After riding along a little road pass, you will start a swooping descent before reaching your accommodation.
Height gain: 720m.
Max. altitude: 1792m.
This is one of the journey’s most spectacular and unforgettable rides! The two giant mountains which will tackle today are two legendary road passes of the cycling world. The Passo dello Stelvio and the Passo di Gavia are two incredible road passes where some of the fiercest battles have taken place during the Giro d’Italia. These roads have seen the most famous cyclists in the world fight for their title.
Height gain: 4100.
Max. altitude: 2750m.
Height gain: 2720m.
Max. altitude: 1875m.
Another great stage with three road passes to climb and the last ones of the entire week! The first road pass is close to a famous ski resort, situated at the foot of some glaciers where you can see all year round. You will finish today’s stage with a climb up the Monte Bondone, which has often been crossed through the Giro d’Italia. You will then return to Trento.
Height gain: 3300m.
Max. altitude: 1875m.
Height gain: 1310m.
Max. altitude: 1875m.
Your cycling holiday ends after breakfast.
Please contact us if you wish to book an extra night in this beautiful region!
2 annual departures for travellers wishing to join other like-minded cyclists group on a guided tour (3rd week of July and last week of August).
(Other possible departures for private groups (friends, family, sports clubs etc) on request, with departure dates to suit you. 6 personns min. Please, contact us!)
Departures for groups formed on request
- At the train station in Trento.
- Your hotel in Trento.
- Double or twin bedrooms in 2- or 3-star hotels.
- From 6
- You will need to be in good physical condition and used to cycling regularly on road bikes. Distances: from 80 and up to 158km a day. Height gains: from 1200m and up to 3200m a day.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle. You only need to take with you what you wish to have available during the ride (camera, water, wallet etc.)
- Supplement for nights in single bedrooms : 240€
- Road bike rental - Aluminium : 215€
- Road bike rental - Carbon : 310€
- Breakfasts from day 2 to day 8, evening meals from day 1 to day 7, picnic lunches from day 1 to day 7, luggage transfers, support vehicle and driver, accommodation (nights in double bedrooms).
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, transfers which are not included in the tour, insurance, beverages, visits of tourist sites, optional activities which are not included in the tour, personal expenses.
Our Giro di Toscana XXL version with assistance
Tuscany - Elba - Guided road cycling - Private groups - Join a group - 8 days / 7 nights
Our Giro della Sardegna original version XXL with assistance
Sardinia - Culture & gastronomy - Guided road cycling - Private groups - Join a group - 7 days / 6 nights
Raid Corsica Audax Club Parisien
Corsica - Guided road cycling - Join a group - 8 days / 7 nights