7 days riding in Provence starting and ending by the Mediterranean sea in Fréjus. Using secundary roads to avoid the busy traffic of the area, we will make you discover one of the most beatiful protected park that France has to offer: the Verdon.
The region is hilly but you will stop before entering the Alps. No big climbs but still a challenging ride with an average distance of 80 kilometers per day (50 miles).
The guide is in charge of all the logistics (check-in, luggage transfer, picnics...) all you have to do is cycle and enjoy!
Your day by day program
Meet the guide in the morning in Fréjus. After a quick briefing, start riding to Draguignan, crossing the famous Sainte-Maxime and many beautiful villages of the South of Var.
80km ; +1000m
To reach the "Parc Naturel Régional du Verdon" you will climb more than descend today. As it is only the second day of the tour, we make it easy. With a very nice loop through Sillians-la-Cascade, Barjol, Regusse, we avoid the steep direct route and reach Aups keeping strength for the next days.
75km ; +1000m
This third day starts with a 6km climb and a long descent which will take you to the south border of the famous "Lac de Sainte-Croix". After enjoying the amazing views, you'll keep riding and cross a completely forgotten area with typical villages. This roads lead to the "Lac d'Esparon" and the town of Greoux-les-Bains, famous for its Spas.
80km ; +1300m
Again not a meter of flat on this fourth day. You will keep riding to the north to reach the amazing village of Moustiers Sainte-Marie located at the base of majestic cliffs, a great place for a coffee stop! The second part of the stage will lead you to the other side of the Lac de Sainte-Croix where you will spend the night.
78km ; +1300m (can be 15km shorter).
Certainly one of the most beautiful ride that can be done in the South of France. Starting with a 13 kilometers long climb it is also the toughest day of the trip. When you will reach the top, you will understand why the majesty of the Gorges du Verdon attracts and seduces people from all over the world. The rest of the stage, crossing Comps-sur-Artuby to reach Castellane is also very nice for cycling.
73km ; +1560m
Again a challenging day starting softly along the "Lac de Castillon" before turning right for a short but steep climb to reach a wonderful viewpoint on the area of Castellane and the "Lac de Chaudanne" that you will follow in the descent. You will then take the Route Napoléon for a few kilometers crossing 3 departments: Alpes de Haute-Provence, Alpes-Maritime and Var. The last kilometers of the day will make you discover a very nice area called "Haut-Var" and you will spend the night in Seillans, ranked in the classification of the most beautiful villages of the country.
78km ; +1400m
Last but not least stage of the tour. After a 6 kilometers climb and a long descent you leave the Haut-Var in the direction of the French Riviera. Once again the nature has a lot to show and you will enjoy riding in the "Gorges du Blavet" and ending the week on the coastal road between Saint-Aigulf and Fréjus.
80km ; +900m
This great adventure ends at your hotel in Fréjus, after breakfast.
Join a group: departure each 2nd Sunday of August.
- In Fréjus on day 1, in the morning.
- In Fréjus on day 8 after breakfast
- Nights in 2- and 3-star hotels.
- From 6
- In good shape, able to ride 80km per day during 1 week
- Luggage transfer by support vehicle
- Road bike rental: Specialized Sector Sport : 170€
- Road bike rental: Trek Domane AL3 : 190€
- Road bike rental: Look 566 Ultegra : 220€
- Road bike rental: Trek Emonda SL6 : 270€
- Single bedroom supplement : 320€
- 7 nights in hotel.
- Breakfasts from day 2 to day 8.
- Picnics lunches from day 1 to day 7.
- Dinners day 1, day 2, day 3, day 5, day 6 and day 7.
- Luggage transfers.
- 1 guide and 1 assistance vehicle for the duration of your stay.
- Refueling in solid and liquid from day 1 to day 7.
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal.
- Transfers which are not included in the tour.
- Diners not mentioned.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Visits of tourist sites.
- Optional activities which are not included in the tour.
- Personal expenses.