Get a real taste of Italy and embark on a thrilling short ride on Tuscan roads!
The Monte Serra is a legendary mountain for road cyclists and mountain bikers alike. Culminating at 917m, the Monte Serra acts like a natural barrier separating Pisa from Luca. It also offers many charming little paths and panoramic views over Pisa, Lucca, the Tyrrhenian Coast, the Island of Elba and the National Park of the Cinque Terre.
Ride up towards the sky and descend to the bowels of the earth while exploring every single spot of this wonderful region.
This neat little tour is just a wonderful getaway from the everyday.
Your day by day program
Once you have arrived in Pisa, settle into your hotel and explore the historical centre of Pisa or visit its world-famous leaning tower.
Dinner and night in Pisa.
After leaving Pisa via a 10km road, get into gear and start a long and physically demanding climb up a road which will offer you great panoramic views. A swooping descent amidst underbrush will take you to the water reserve of Lucca and its remaining ancient stone buildings. Follow the old viaduct and reach the centre of the beautiful fortified town of Lucca via a small path.
Explore the battlements and the historical centre of this charming town.
Dinner in one of the best Lucchesian restaurants. Night in a hotel in Lucca.
Height gian: 1000m.
Continue your cycling adventure and ride off to the Monte Serra via a path that runs along the viaduct. You will pedal your way through a large white path, which will offer you great panoramic views over Lucca and the steep Apennine mountains surrounding Lucca. Ride along the summits of the Monte Pisani and end today’s ride with a thrilling descent towards Pisa on single tracks and white paths.
Your trip ends in Pisa.
Please contact us if you would like to spend an additional night in Tuscany.
Height gain: 1100m.
Every day from the beginning of April to the end of October.
- Your hotel in Pisa. We can also organise airport pickup services from the airport to your hotel.
- Day 3 in Pisa. Possible transfer to the airport.
- 1 night in a 3 star hotel with swimming pool and 1 night in a 4 star hotel (depending on room availability).
- From 2.
- Roads and mountain paths. Distance; from 35 and up to 45km. Height gain: approximately 1000m.
- You will only need to carry items that you wish to have available during the ride (camera, wallet etc).
- Renting a mountainbike : 70€
- Supplement for single bedrooms : 70€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- 1 night in 3 star hotels and 1 night in a 4 star hotel (depending on room availability), breakfasst on day 2 and 3, evening meals on day 1 and 2, information package with maps and road-books, local assistance, luggage transfers.
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, transfers which are not included in the tour, personal travel insurance, beverages, bike rental, repair costs, lunches, visits of tourist sites, optional activities which are not included in the tour, personal expenses.