Discover the central area of Portugal and the Praia de Mia, meeting local people and their villages. As a couple, family or with friends, you will share a happy time, on a pleasant rythm of hollidays. You will stay in a charming hotel located in Mira where you will also have dinner and breakfast.
Your day by day program
Arrival at Porto Airport. Pick-up from the airport and transfer to your hotel in Mira.
For this first day, you will discover Mira beach. Take the cycle path until the “Barrinha”, a lagoon where freshwater rivers meet. You can follow riverbank, wood pontoon and entirely enjoy a completely preserved nature. Then you will keep going until Poço da Cruz beach, which at low tide gives form to an heavenly bay. Afterwards, you will reach Mira beach, known for its fishermen, its chapel and its fishing village. Take the time to visit the ethnographic museum.
About 25 km.
Today, cross the emblematic villages of this region. You will ride through a still authentic environnement. Olhos da Fervença fluvial coast is the perfect place for a pic-nic day, peacefully, with family or friends.
About 33 km.
Discover Ílhavo and its codfish fishing museum. Indeed, during the entire 20th century, most of the captains and sailors who formed the codfish fishing fleet, came from Ílhavo. Then, discover Vista Alegre, which used to be the first portuguese porcelain production unit. Created in 1824 it acquires an international fame. Still reknown today, the town still produces magnificent porcelain products. Vista Alegre museum owns several amazing products that you can admire.
About 48 km
Following the cycle path, then the road, you will reach the town of Tocha, famous for its sunday market, very picturesque and colorfull. Feel free to stop and eat some grilled chicken cooked in a local way. You will follow the forest road which will lead you to Tocha beach and its village close to the ocean. Finally you will see the wooden houses where fishermen still live nowedays.
About 32 km.
The little striped and colored houses form, without any doubts, the most picturesque Costa Nova picture. Originally built by fishermen, these wooden buildings were used as houses, but also to stock fishing equipments. Today well restorerd, they form peaceful places for holidays. Bordered with a strong sea, very apprecited by surfers, Costa Nova beach continues in the south towards Vagueira beach where nature, faune and wild flora are very beautiful. It is a real pleasure for hiking lovers. You will go along the Ria d’Aveiro and a sea lagoon which is subjected to tides. Today, it forms a natural reserve.
About 44 km.
End of the service, departure after breakfast. A transfer is possible from Mira to Porto airport on request.
Every day, all year long.
- Beginning of your tour at Porto airport. Pick-up from the airport and transfer to your hotel in Mira.
- After breakfast in Mira, end of the service. Optionnal transfer back to Porto's airport.
- 7 nights in a charming 3-star hotel, with breakfast and half-board.
- Starting from 2 people
- This tour is made for everyone.
- No need to undo and redo your luggage each day because you remain in the same hotel for the duration of the tour.
- Single supplement : 80€
- VTC Bike rental : 75€
- VAE Bike rental : 135€
- Transfer back from Mira to Porto's airport at the end of the tour : 65€
- Additional night (accomodation and breakfast) : 105€
- Children between 3 and 10 years : additional bed with half-board : 260€
- Children between 3 and 10 years : additional night : 60€
- Children from 11 years: additional bed with half-board : 360€
- Children from 11 years: additional night : 70€
- Children chairs rental (max. 22 kg) : 35€
- Children trailer (max. 25,5 kg) : 50€
- Bikes (from 8 to 14 years) : 50€
- Child transfer (until 11 years) : 35€
- - Acommodation in a 3-star hotel with breakfast, in double room.
- - Half-board: dinners with drinks included.
- - Transfer from Porto airport to the hotel
- - Road book detailed with the whole itinerary and all the visits
- - Application fee
- - Plane ticket and other spending to come in Portugal
- - Lunches
- - Single person supplement
- - Personnal expenses
- - Transfer back from Mira to Porto's airport - optionnal
- - Bike rental - optionnal
Cycling the Canal du Midi – from Toulouse to the Mediterranean - 8 Days comfort
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 8 days / 7 nights
Discover Portugal's Atlantic Coast from Porto to Obidos by bike
Portugal - Leisure cycling - Self-guided road cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 8 days / 7 nights