Weekend along the Canal du Midi: comfort version with luggage transfers
4 days / 3 nights
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike
Without guide - Short journey - Families - Comfort - Luggage transfer
~353 $ [320 €] per pers.
The Canal du Midi is an exceptional and astonishing UNESCO World Heritage Site. During this 4-day trip, you will ride through Carcassonne, Narbonne and many other enchanting little French towns, and spend your nights in comfortable hotels.
Your day by day program
Arrival in Carcassonne and installation in your hotel. Night in a 3-star hotel. Possibility to add an extra night in Carcassonne and to add a loop to the itinerary in order to discover the town and its surroundings.
Today, the ride takes you into the Black Mountains where you can visit the Chateaux de Lastours as well as an underground cave at Limousis which stretches over 1.2km. There are many opportunities to taste the local wines.
Return to Carcassonne.
Distance: approx. 47km.
Height gain: +600m (with the visit of the cave).
+300m (with the castles of Lastours only).
Spend a quiet day and leave the beautiful town of Carcassonne and head towards the sea. You will ride through several pretty little villages. There are many opportunities to taste the local wines along the way.
Night in Homps or Olonzac, in a guesthouse with swimming pool.
Distance: approx. 41km.
Canal locks and small villages will be your backdrop for the day. Many vineyards also populate the area. Head towards the Canal de la Robine, a World Heritage Site, which will lead you to the heart of Narbonne.
Night in a 3-star hotel in Narbonne.
Possibility to take the train from Narbonne to Toulouse (2h00 by train). Possible bike transfer in trains (no additional costs). Possibility to arrange an additional night in Toulouse with a possible additional bike ride.
Everyday from the beginning of March to the end of October.
- Your hotel in Carcassonne.
- 3-star hotels and guesthouses (bathrooms with showers and toilets).
- From 2.
- Easy and flat paths. Distance: 40km a day.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle (1 per person) until the next stage.
- Hybrid bike rental (including bike pick-up) : 100€
- E-bike rental (including bike pick-up) : 130€
- Single room : 130€
- July and August departure : 30€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Accommodation, breakfasts, luggage transfers, 1 dinner, maps and route notes.
- Transfers to meeting point and from the point of dispersal, insurance, lunches, evening meals (except one),city taxes, train transfers (22€ from Narbonne to Toulouse).
3 day self-guided leisure cycling tour around the Cape of Corsica and the Gulf of St Florent
Corsica - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 3 days / 2 nights
The Great Crossing - From the Atlantic to the Mediterranean
Canal du Midi - Canal de Garonne - Atlantic Coast - Seas and rivers - Leisure cycling - Culture & gastronomy - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 14 days / 13 nights