Sicily, the largest of the Italian islands is a concentration of history, architecture and gastronomic delights.
It is one of the pearls of southern Italy and can be discovered, understood and lived through this itinerary dedicated to beautiful landscapes, history and traditions.
Your day by day program
Individual arrival in Catania, the second largest metropolitan city of Sicily. Over the centuries, it has faced earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, it has undergone alternating dominations and urban transformations. Take your time to visit Palazzo Biscari, the most beautiful example of Catanese baroque architecture, and the Historica Monaster San Benedetto.
Overnight stay in Catania.
Bike and road map delivery, route description. Today the tour leads you from Catania to Caltagirone. Perched on three different hills which boast of stunning views of the valley below, it became famous for the quality and sophistication of its ceramics. Have a chance to visit The famous staircase “La Scalinata”, the nativity scenes, the patronal feast of St. James, the Baroque heritage of UNESCO.
About 80 km.
Overnight stay in Caltagirone.
Leaving Caltagirone behind you, Ragusa will be your first stop. Situated in the Monti Iblei, a large area of high ground, divided up by dry stone walls and incised with ravines, Ragusa is one of the most picturesque towns in Sicily. The view from the upper town over Ragusa Ibla on its own separate hilltop is quite breathtaking. Destination of the day is Modica, built at the foot of a rocky ridge where once two rivers flew which are underground today. In the past the town became an important centre of southern Sicily being the head of the homonymous county. Today the town is composed of two urban agglomerations: the Upper and the Lower Modica.
About 80 km.
Overnight stay in Modica.
Today your adventure leads you first to Scicli, less well-known than its prestigious neighbours (Ragusa and Modica) but just as fascinating and beautiful, and then to Ispica. Don’t miss the chance to visit the Basilica of Santa Maria and The Mother Church of Saint Bartholomew.
About 45 km.
Overnight stay in Ispica.
Heading out of Ispica, your first stopover will be in Noto, perched on a plateau overlooking the Asinaro valley, covered by citrus, olive and almond trees. Here you can admire palaces, churches, balconies with wrought iron railings and cherubs that decorate the facing. Noto is called the “Garden of Stone” because of its typical stone. In the afternoon you will cycle towards your destination: Syracuse, a city among the most noble and elegant from all over the Mediterranean Sea. Full of charm, history and natural landscape, enviable and envied, the city is divided into two different groups: the urban part of the city and Ortigia, the beautiful island of the city, increasingly rich in tourism. In 2005, Syracuse has become part of the Unesco World Heritage. (About 70 Km).
Overnight stay in Siracusa.
End of services and arrivederci Sicilia!
Any day in the week, all year long
- Beginning of the tour in Catania at the time of your choice.
- End of the tour in Siracusa after breakfast on the last day.
- 5 nights in 4* hotels.
- Minimum of 2
- Medium - advanced level: from 40 km to 80 km per day.
- You just have to take with you your business of the day (picnic, camera...).
- High Saison (07th-14th April / 15th Jul- 23rd Aug / 23rd Dec-07th Jan) : 300€
- Low Season (08th Jan - 31st May / 23rd Sept - 22nd Dec) : -150€
- Extra charge Hybrid bike rental : 50€
- Extra charge E-Bike rental : 180€
- Extra charge Roadbike rental : 110€
- Extra charge Trailer rental : 75€
- Transfert Comiso airport - Catania (1-8 passengers) : 180€
- Transfert Comiso airport - Siracusa (1-8 passengers) : 200€
- Transfert Comiso airport - Ragusa (1-8 passengers) : 80€
- Transfert Catania airport - Siracusa (1-8 passengers) : 150€
- Extra night : 130€
- Extra night (low season) : 110€
- Extra night (high season) : 170€
- Bed & Breakfast service in 4-star lodgings
- Luggage transport service
- Information material and route description with maps
- GPS with the needed tracks
- The transfers between airport and hotels
- Luggage insurance
- Lunch, evening meals
- Tourist taxes
- Bike rental (in option)