Ride the Eroica among world famous vineyards
7 days / 6 nights
Tuscany - Leisure cycling - Self-guided road cycling - E-bike tours
Without guide - Luggage transfer
~973 $ [860 €] per pers.
Winter Sale :
When making your online reservation, get a 50€ discount per person by using the following code :
The Eroica is a world renowned vintage bike race, held annually in the Tuscan region of Chianti. Follow the route of this legendary race, experiencing the "Strade Bianche" (unpaved white roads) that take you through the heart of this magnificent countryside. This is a must for all fans of cycling and all lovers of Italian countryside, food and wine. A perfect combination!
Your day by day program
Arrive in the superb city of Sienna and get settled into your hotel. This is an excellent opportunity to discover one of the most beautiful towns in the whole of Tuscany.
This is a wonderful first day's ride, immediately launching you into the typically beautiful rolling countryside of the Chianti region of Tuscany. After a relatively easy ride, you will arrive in one of the most reputed wine growing areas in the whole of Tuscany.
Night in a wonderful agriturismo with swimming pool. Excellent food made from local products and their own olice oil.
Distance: Approximately 40km.
Today you are free to ride a loop which will take you to Montalcino, the point at which the Eroica culminates with an altitude of 600m. It is a pretty hill top town, with a fortress.
It is a difficult but rewarding stage. Rewarded perhaps by trying the "Brunello di Montalcino" one of Italy's most famous wines.
You will return back to the same agriturismo, to enjoy the pool and the delicious food.
This day will lead you to the village of Asciano through completely different landscapes from those previously encountered via the famous "Strade Bianche". During this ride you will discover some monuments such as the Santa Maria Abbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore or the church of Saint Agathe. The ride is a series of small climbs and descents with some steep gradients.
You will continue your way to the village of Castelnuovo Berardenga. Your stop for the night will be in a small village nestled in the heart of the vineyards.
Environ 46 km.
Today you will head north in the direction of Radda in Chianti, perched at more than 500m in altitude. You will need to accomplish several climbs in order to reach today's goal. But you will certainly not regret it once you have arrived, as Radda in Chianti has to be one of the most magnificent fortified villages which has been inhabited since the 9th century. This is picture postcard countryside rich in vineyards and olive groves.
Distance: approximately 35km.
This last day's riding is superb, alternating between tiny roads and the "strade bianche". The terrain is easier to ride than on the other days but the scenery still remains magnificent.
Once more you can enjoy all of the riches that Sienna has to offer you
Distance: Approximately 40km.
Your holiday ends after breakfast in Sienna. Contact us should you wish to extend your itinerary.
Starts any day from April to October.
- Start at your first hotel in Sienna
- On day 7, after your breakfast in Sienna
- Nights in agriturismos or comfortable hotels along the Eroica route. Some of the accommodations have a swimming pool.
- From two persons
- A discovery route, open to all including leisurely cyclists. Distances between 35 and 60km.
- Your luggage will be transferred daily so that you only need to ride with the bare minimum (camera, water, etc)
- Bike hire (leisure bike or mountain bike) including delivery and rapatriation : 140€
- Bike hire (electric bike or road bike) including delivery and rapatriation : 220€
- Single room : 230€
- July/August supplement : 30€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- All nights in agriturismos or hotels (double rooms), all breakfasts, route notes and maps, luggage transfers between each stage.
- Transport options before the trip commences and after the trip finishes, transfers not provided or foreseen in the programme, insurance, drinks or meals, the bicycles and any repairs needed, travel insurance, optional site visits, personal expenses.