Discover Portugal's Atlantic Coast from Porto to Obidos by bike
8 days / 7 nights
Portugal - Leisure cycling - Self-guided road cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike
Without guide - Families - Luggage transfer - New for 2019
~1171 $ [1050 €] per pers.
Discover Portugal's Atlantic coast, from Porto to Obidos, learn about typical villages and their inhabitants. As a couple, with family or friends, enjoy this marvellous cycling holiday at your own pace. You will be accommodated in 3-star hotels with breakfasts and evening meals provided.
Your day by day program
Arrive at the hotel in Porto.
A transfer can be arranged between Porto airport and the hotel.
As your hotel is excellently located in the centre, spend the morning visiting old Porto, famous for the magnificent "Azulejos" or ceramic tilework. Visit São Bento train station where the main hallway is covered in twenty thousand of these Azulejo tiles, depicting important moments in Portuguese history. After lunch, cycle down the small streets to the extraordinary double-decker bridge "Dom Luis", in order to leave the city. Follow the river Douro before beginning the cycle tracks along the Atlantic and heading south to reach Furadouro beach. Overnight at Furadouro.
Today you will ride on a mix of roads and cycle paths to reach Torreira, then cycle on to the nature reserve of São Jacinto. Take the small "ferry" to cross the mouth of the Ria de Aveiro and arrive at the beautiful beaches of southern Aveiro. Potter along the bike paths and small roads, visit Costa Nova and its colorful fishermen's houses and then continue along the Ria to Mira Beach. Continue to the "Lagoa" (or lagoon) that borders the hotel where you will be staying. Dinner and overnight at Quinta Da Lagoa.
A beautiful day's ride surrounded by nature that is characteristic of this coastal region. Cycle amongst the pines and see the sand dunes, before climbing 280m to reach the nature reserve "Serra Da Boa Viagem", where you will cycle on small roads with magnificent panoramic views. Your hotel provides excellent views over the bay of Figueira Da Foz and is a wonderful place to relax in at the end of the day. Meal and night in Serra da Boa Viagem.
A nice easy start to the day as you cycle down the winding roads that line the cliffs. The views extend out over the ocean, towards Figueira Da Foz. After crossing the bridge over the "Mondego" river (which is evoked in many Fado, the distinctive style of Portuguese singing), you will cycle along various roads and paths to reach the charming shell-shaped bay of São Pedro de Moel. Dinner and overnight in São Pedro de Moel.
This is a beautiful day's ride, with a nice climb and a reward upon arrival! Following the climb the view overlooks all of Nazaré and the ocean, from where one of the most famous surf competitions takes place. At certain periods of the year it is possible to see some of the biggest waves in the world. Cycle past São Martinho do Porto, which is certainly one of the most beautiful bays along the Atlantic coast. The end of your ride is rewarded with a stop at Foz do Arelho, a charming village by the sea. Dinner and overnight in Foz de Arelho.
For those of you feeling brave, today's ride will take you to the Atlantic, south of the Obidos lagoon, before visiting the fortified city. The circuit is about 30km with some good downhill runs. Alternatively, a visit to Obidos, which is one of the finest examples of a Portuguese walled town. There are charming narrow cobbled streets, traditional painted houses and an imposing medieval castle. Hand back your bikes in the afternoon and be taken by van to the Quinta da Lagoa, Mira. Dinner and overnight in Mira.
Departure after breakfast. A transfer from the hotel to Porto airport can be arranged.
Every day throughout the year.
- Beginning of the trip at Porto.
- End of trip in Mira after breakfast.
- 7 nights half-board in three star hotels.
- Minimum of 2
- Intermediate level: from 40km to 69km per day.
- Daily luggage transfers provided.
- Single room supplement : 170€
- Leisure bike rental : 75€
- e-bike rental : 135€
- Transfer by van from the last hotel to Porto airport (final trip), per person : 65€
- Child transfer by minibus from Porto airport - Hotel (round trip), per child (up to 11 years old) : 35€
- Extra night (accommodation + breakfast) : 105€
- Children 3 to 10 years old: extra night : 60€
- Children 3 to 10 years old: extra bed with half board : 260€
- Children from 11 years old: extra night : 70€
- Children from 11 years old: extra bed with half board : 360€
- Child's seat rental (max load 22 kg) : 35€
- Children's trailer (max load 25.5 kg) : 50€
- Bicycles (from 8 to 14 years old) : 50€
- 7 nights in a double room, in three star hotels with breakfast included.
- Half-board: evening meal with drinks included.
- Road Book detailed itinerary and tours
- Airline tickets or other expenses to come to Portugal
- Transfer by minibus from Porto airport - hotel (round trip)
- Personal expenses
Cycling the Canal du Midi – from Toulouse to the Mediterranean - 8 Days
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 8 days / 7 nights